Definition: "ingredients extracted directly from plants or animal products as opposed to being produced synthetically"
—U.S. Food and Drug Administration, FDA Consumer
Say no to harmful ingredients.
Today, people are going "green" by choosing natural products. The reasons are two-fold: A) to avoid long-term health issue from continuous exposure to hazardous synthetic ingredients, and B) to lessen environmental pollution. What many are not aware is that not all natural ingredients are safe. Our Swipeys® products always use safe and non-toxic ingredients. When using products other than Swipeys® natural products, avoid products with the following harmful ingredients:
- Triclosan / Triclocarban - Not only has it been linked with thyroid and liver problems, triclosan can breed what scientists call "superbugs," e.g. MRSA, that are resistant to common antibiotics.
- DEET - It has been linked to neurological problems. The manufacturing and using of DEET also posed negative impact on birds, aquatic life, and our water resources.
- Aluminum / Alum (aluminum mineral salt) - Although, certain form of it may be considered as a natural ingredient, aluminum or alum (found in natural mineral salt deodorants) is not a safe ingredient. Continuous usage has been linked to Alzheimer's and other serious health risks.
- Parabens - It's a preservative that's been used in most underarm deodorants, creams, lotions, ointments, and other cosmetic products. Parabens can be absorbed through skin, and it's been known to mimic female estrogen (estradiol). "Measurable concentrations of six different parabens have been identified in biopsy samples from breast tumors." (—Breast Cancer Fund Org) Continuous usage may disrupt hormones, trigger breast cancer, and cause other health complication.
- Bispenol A (BPA) - It's a synthetic estrogen that can be found in the lining of metal cans and plastic containers or packaging for food and cosmetic products. "Because BPA is an unstable polymer and lipophilic (fat-seeking), it can leach into . . . products, " especially when exposed to heat. It's been shown to cause "direct damage to the DNA of cultured human breast cancer cells." Studies has shown that even exposure to extremely low levels of BPA early in life can implicate childhood obesity and alter "development of the mammary gland in ways that predispose . . . to cancer in adult life." (—Breast Cancer Fund Org) Continuous usage may disrupt hormones and may increase risk of breast cancer and other serious health issues.
Say yes to Swipeys® natural products.
Not all "natural" products out there are really natural products. The word "natural" and "organic" are over-used marketing tools. Be consumer savvy. Read the labels and do a little research. With Swipeys® products, what you see is what you get. Because each of our products will state what percentage of ingredients are natural so you will never have to wonder how natural is Swipeys® products.
As mentioned earlier, not all natural ingredients are safe. Take for an example . . . alum, a natural ingredient found in "natural mineral salts" based deodorants. Alum (potassium alum / aluminum sulfate) is an aluminum mineral salt. Thus, although the mineral salt based natural deodorants may claim not containing aluminum, they do. Continuous use of them may pose serious health risks such as Alzheimer's.
Swipeys® products are always safe and non-toxic when used as directed. All of Swipeys® products are made of 100% all natural ingredients with the exception of two products. Ingredients, in our products, that are not natural are always food grade and never dangerous to you or the environment.Remember, we designed our products with you in mind. Better take Swipeys®.